Better performance. Better value. Better Rockhopper. By tapping the fit and handling advantages of pairing each rider with their ideal wheel size and suspension that works its hardest for everyone thanks to our size-specific Rx Tune, we’ve baked in added performance to the all-new Rockhopper without dialing up the price.
Shimano and MicroSHIFT team up for drivetrain duties with a robust 2x8 drivetrain that can handle everything you’re throw down while confident braking from Radius CX7 mechanical disc brakes seals the deal of the century.
- A heart of gold, presented in our lightweight yet durable Premium A1 Aluminum, the Rockhopper’s butted aluminum frame features hydroformed top and downtubes in order to keep weight low and strength high, all while providing increased standover clearance, slick internal cable routing and dropper-post compatibility.
- With the goal of making sure that the Rockhopper offers both the best fit and best performance for every person, no matter their measure, we’ve paired each Rockhopper frame size with the optimal wheel size. The result is a Rockhopper to fit every rider and the assurance that every Rockhopper is rolling on the best-handling wheel for its frame size.
- Bringing our Rx Tune to Rockhopper for the very first time, the lockout-equipped SR Suntour XCM with custom Multi-Circuit damping brings size-specific travel and spring rates to the show in a performance that’s sure to impress while also ensuring consistent geometry, handling and suspension performance, regardless of frame or wheel size.
- Keep things simple with a durable 1x MicroSHIFT drivetrain that offers plenty of range along with a clutch-equipped rear derailleur that keeps your ride quite—and your chain on.
- Pair dead-reliable hubs from Formula with our 25-millimeter internal diameter, hookless Stout rims for a wheelset hat-trick: strong, light and durable.
|Crank Length (mm)||165||170||170|
|Handlebar Width (mm)||700||720||740|
|Stem Length (mm)||40||40||60|
|Saddle Width (mm)||155||155||143|
|Seatpost Length (mm)||300||350||400|
|Head-Tube Length (mm)||95||100||105|
|B-B Height (mm)||310||310||310|
|B-B Drop (mm)||43||43||43|
|Fork Length (full) (mm)||475||485||495|
|Fork Rake/Offset (mm)||42||42||42|
|Chain-Stay Length (mm)||440||440||440|
|Top-Tube Length (horizontal) (mm)||541||565||589|
|Bike Stand-Over Height (mm)||658||695||735|
|Seat-Tube Length (mm)||310||350||400|
|Size||Height (inches)||Height (cm)|
|X-Small||4'10” - 5’1”||148 - 155cm|
|Small||5'2” - 5’5”||158 - 165cm|
|Medium||5'5” - 5’10”||165 - 178cm|
|Large||5'10” - 6’1”||178 - 185cm|
|X-Large||6'1” - 6’4”||185 - 193cm|
|XX-Large||6'3” - 6’6”||191 - 200cm|
|Frame||Specialized A1 premium butted alloy, zero-stack head tube, internal cable routing, 135x9mm forged dropouts, chainstay-mounted disc brake, replaceable alloy derailleur hanger, stealth rack mounts, dropper post compatible|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCE 27.5, 28mm stanchions, Rx Tune, coil spring, QR, 80/90/100mm travel (size-specific), 42mm offset|
|Rims||Specialized alloy, disc only, double-wall, 25mm inner width, 32h|
Front: Formula 6-Bolt, disc, 100x9mm spacing, quick-release, 32H
Rear: Formula SP-2125, 6-Bolt freehub, disc, 135x9mm spacing, quick-release
|Tires||Fast Trak Sport, 27.5 x 2.35"|
|Bottom Bracket||Square-tapered, 73mm, internal bearings, 122.5mm spindle|
|Crankset||Stout 2x, forged alloy|
|Shifters||microSHIFT, TS39-8R, 2x8-speed|
|Front Derailleur||microSHIFT FD-M462, 2-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||microshift Mezzo, 8spd|
|Cassette/Freewheel||SunRace, 8-speed, 11-34t|
|Chain||KMC X8 EPT, anti-rust coating, 8-speed w/ reusable Missing Link™|
|Brakes||Radius CX7, mechanical disc, 160mm|
|Handlebars||Alloy Mini Rise, 9-degree backsweep, 15mm rise, 31.8mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized MTB Grip, lock-on|
|Stem||3D-forged alloy, 31.8mm, 7-degree rise|
|Seatpost||Alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 30.9mm|
|Saddle||Bridge Sport, Steel rails, 155/143mm|
|Pedals||SBC-54 Flat pedal|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Flo Red/White / Small||888818801992||91822-7202|
|Gloss Flo Red/White / Medium||888818802418||91822-7203|
|Gloss Tarmac Black/White / X-Small||888818802128||91822-7301|
|Gloss Tarmac Black/White / Small||888818801824||91822-7302|
|Gloss Tarmac Black/White / Medium||888818801503||91822-7303|
|Satin Cast Blue Metallic/Ice Blue / X-Small||888818802630||91822-7401|
|Satin Cast Blue Metallic/Ice Blue / Small||888818802579||91822-7402|
|Satin Cast Blue Metallic/Ice Blue / Medium||888818802487||91822-7403|
|Satin Olive Green/Black / X-Small||888818775392||91822-7001|
|Satin Olive Green/Black / Small||888818775156||91822-7002|
|Satin Olive Green/Black / Medium||888818775101||91822-7003|